The Irondale Commercial Development Authority serves as a trusted adviser and a valuable resource for existing and prospective Irondale enterprises. We connect Irondale businesses to essential local, regional, state and/or federal programs that help them resolve business challenges and achieve sustained growth.
We also support community development activities that positively enhance the quality of life for all Irondale citizens, businesses and other key stakeholders.
An overview of various Irondale CDA economic/community development programs and initiatives are listed below:
Irondale CDA Business First Program
The Irondale Commercial Development Authority (CDA) recently launched an innovative new business outreach program, named Irondale Business First. The Irondale BusinessFirst program focuses on fostering meaningful relationships with Irondale businesses through proactive business outreach and customer-oriented approaches.
To view an overview of the Irondale Business First program and the business survey please click the following links:
For more information on the Irondale Business First Program or to schedule a meeting, please contact the Irondale CDA Business Resource Center at 205-703-9770 or send an email to Terrence Scott at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Irondale CDA Small Business Assistance Programs
A primary goal of the Irondale Commercial Development Authority (CDA) is to serve as a catalyst for attracting, retaining and expanding commercial enterprises in the City of Irondale. We believe that strong public/private partnerships is an essential element to sustained entrepreneurial and local business growth.
Small businesses and entrepreneurs face numerous challenges in their pursuit of sustained success in business. Lack of funding and core business resources are often the most pervasive obstacles small businesses must overcome.
In effort to assist small businesses in combating the challenges of limited funding and other basic resources, the Irondale CDA developed a suite of assistance programs known as the Irondale CDA – Small Business Assistance Programs (SBAP). Details of the various small business assistance programs the Irondale CDA offers are listed below:
Financial Assistance Programs
- Signage/Facade Improvement Grants – This program provides financial grants to existing Irondale businesses interested in improving the frontal appearance of their commercial building if it’s located along targeted commercial corridors in Irondale.
- Building Expansion Grants – This program offers small financial grants to assist eligible, existing Irondale business expand their current operations in an Irondale facility.
- Entrepreneur Assistance Loans – This program provides low interest and/or zero interest loans to Irondale businesses and entrepreneurs transitioning from a home-based business to a brick and mortar location in Irondale.
- Lease Assistance Grants – This program provides grants to assist eligible enterprises relocating their current business from a different municipality to Irondale with their initial lease payments.
Other Small Business Resources
- Business Resource Assistance – The Irondale CDA partners with existing and prospective businesses to assist them with operating a business in the City of Irondale. They help connect small businesses with vital business resources such as non-profits and government agencies at the local, regional, state and federal level that can assist them solve various business problems.
- Free Meeting Space – Existing Irondale businesses and organizations can schedule meetings free of charge at the Irondale CDA office (located at 1900 Crestwood Boulevard, Suite 305). Based On availability.
To inquire about any CDA Small Business Assistance Program please contact Irondale CDA, Office Manager -Deena Crear at 205-703-9770.
Please Note: All candidates seeking financial assistance from any Irondale CDA Small Business Assistance Program must provide the following: an updated business business plan, financial statements (3yrs) and a one page summary detailing the reason and intended use of funds.
The Irondale CDA Business of the Month Program
Since 2014, the Irondale CDA has recognized the accomplishments and longevity of Irondale businesses via the CDA Business of the Month program. This unique program was created to show appreciation to Irondale businesses that have achieved sustained success in their industry and has helped to make Irondale a vibrant business community.
Each CDA Business of the Month recipient is highlighted on the CDA’s website and social media pages. Their staff is also treated to a special luncheon and award ceremony hosted by the Irondale CDA with numerous Irondale elected officials and municipal leaders in attendance.
To view past Business of the Month award winners click on the link below:
Random Acts of Kindness Program
Each holiday season the Irondale CDA partners with the Irondale Police Department to spread holiday cheer to Irondale residents through their Random Acts of Kindness Program. This unique program provides holiday gift cards to unsuspected Irondale citizens delivered to their home by Irondale Police officers the week before Christmas. It’s a small way both organizations have joined together to help build a more caring, sharing and connected Irondale community.
To find out more about any Irondale CDA program please contact Irondale CDA Office Manager, Deena Crear at 205-703-9770.